The Heavens, the Earth, and the Sea …
… All converge and conspire to provide the aerospace industry in Florida unequaled opportunity to grow and flourish. The Center for Advanced Aerospace Platforms and Applications (CAAPA) is actively pursuing a vision that integrates these resources with the unique and extensive infrastructure within Florida to support the state’s efforts to cultivate innovation and growth within the industry.
A Florida not-for-profit, the CAAPA was established to take advantage of these assets to promote the creation and expansion of space-enabled and space-enabling technologies as applied to the development of unmanned and autonomous vehicles and applications. Florida stands alone as the place to develop, manufacture, test, market, and operate unmanned aerospace systems including spacecraft, UAS, USV, UGV, and AUV as well as employment strategies and applications for these systems.
Florida’s unique assets include:
• Unmatched space and aviation heritage and infrastructure;
• Superior academic and research institutions;
• Weather supportive of year-round operations with thousands of miles of special use airspace over varied terrain;
• Over a thousand miles of coastline with a dozen strategic seaports and supporting facilities;
• A uniquely skilled workforce with over 500 aerospace companies;
• Four major Department of Defense ranges and eleven significant DoD installations;
• Three spaceports including the only five-modal transportation center on the globe;
• Easy access between the maritime and terrestrial environments as well as international airspace.
Perhaps even more exceptional, the state is an unequaled test bed for integrating these diverse platforms in a seamless operational capability. No other location in the nation affords the opportunity to incorporate maritime, ground, airborne, launch vehicles, and space-based assets for the purpose of testing, evaluating, and establishing guidance for achieving platform interoperability and the wide range of applications that might ensue from the marriage of these technologies.
With an objective of becoming an industry-driven, applications oriented, nexus of technological innovation, the Center for Advanced Aerospace Platforms and Applications is the portal for entry for the unmanned and autonomous industry in the State of Florida. Welcome to the site! Please consider becoming a member of the organization, taking advantage of our capabilities, and helping us encourage and establish the next generation of unmanned and autonomous technologies and applications.
For more information, please contact: